Generally, we accept trades for store credit Tuesday through Saturday, except when neither store owner (Kristin or Mary K) is working.
Trades are not accepted on Mondays.
Using Trade Credit
Your trade credit can be used on up to fifty percent (50%) of your used book purchase.
For example: If you purchase $10.00 worth of used books you can use trade credit to pay for up to $5.00 of the purchase, and Cash, Check, or Credit Card to pay the remaining $5.00 of the purchase (plus tax).
Trade credit cannot be used toward the purchase of new books.
Books for Trade
We accept no more than 20–50 books at a time (about two paper grocery bags worth).
If you choose to browse and wait for an evaluation, we'll have a trade credit offer before you leave the store, and return the books we don't accept. If you leave books with us, those we don't accept will be donated.
We accept a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction, which varies according to our inventory and customer demand; the guidelines below are not definitive.
Books we almost always accept:
- Florida fiction and nonfiction
- Picture books in very good and better condition
- Newer craft books (especially quilt and crochet)
- Art and Photography books
- Newer paperbacks (especially in Scifi/Fantasy, Mystery/Thriller/Suspense, UF/PNR, Teen/YA)
We do not generally accept:
- Harlequin, Silhouette, or Love Inspired series romance.
- Hardcover fiction (except books not yet out in paperback, some Florida fiction, some classics, and collectibly bound books)
- Ex-library books
- Books that are not “gently used,” (water damage, mold, loose pages, strong smoke smell, or too much over all wear).