Check out the events planned for this reading season.
Kick-off GalaTuesday, January 8, 2013, 5:30 to 7:30pm
Palatka Golf Club Clubhouse
Hypnotist Katheryn Napier from Abalon Hypnosis opens the event, talking about the therapeutic uses of hypnosis
Table talk speakers
- Master knife maker Steve Schwarzer
- Wendy Lynch from IFAS: food preservation
- Putnam County EMS: disaster preparedness
- Ham Radio Operators representative: radio and emergency communications
- Bob Lee and Harry Gillean: knots and knot tying
- Surviving the Apocalypse in 10 Minutes or Less: write a play on the book's themes
Entry deadline: 5:00 pm January 18, 2013
- Alas Babylon in 30 Seconds: a book trailer encouraging people to read the book
Entry deadline: 5:00 pm February 8
Book DiscussionsPutnam County Library System locations
Cold War Film Festival
- The Day the Earth Stood Still
- On the Beach
- Hunt for Red October
Finale PartyHosted by the GFWC Woman's Club of Palatka at their club house
Thursday, February 21 from 5:30 to 7:30
Featured speaker will be John Crawford, New York Times bestselling author and Iraq war veteran. Prizes will be awarded at the event as well.
Information about all of the One Book One Putnam 2013 Reading Season events may be found at www.putnam-fl.com/lib or by calling your local public library.